The Infamous Ches
FEATURED PRODUCTION & ENGINEERING CREDITS
January 2020 - Currently editing
Aug 2019 - January 2021
POST-PRODUCTION SOUND DESIGN
90% foley recorded at my studio - 10% from sound libraries
100% from sound libraries
Music and sound design by me. Sounds are mostly from sound libraries
OTHER PROJECTS & AWARDS
'In This Land' by Rodney Mcmillian
In 2019, I produced and engineered the audio for Rodney Mcmillian's piece 'In This Land' being exhibited in the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
Chesaré Johnson: Sound Artist
My passion for the art and craftsmanship involved with creative sound production knows no bounds. I relish every opportunity to collaborate with others and be creative sonically. Albums, podcasts, films, commercials, animations, games or company audio branding, I will work with you and your team to supply the most natural and fluid sound design possible.
Pro Tools HD
Dialogue & ADR mixing
Foley recording & mixing
Audio Engineer & Music Producer
Freelance, Houston, TX Aug 2002 - Present
- Produce, record, edit, mix and master speech, music, and other high-quality audio using Pro Tools and FL Studio.
- Nurture ongoing creative relationships and recommend various marketing, promotional and placement opportunities via email, phone/facetime and face to face interactions.
- Meet deadlines while maintaining high-quality deliverables.
Customer Success Specialist
REI Network LP, Houston Mar 2018 - Present
Supervise and train a team of 4 agents.
- Interact with customers via phone, chat and email to answer questions about services, guide them through membership benefits and provide technical support for a digital real estate investing network.
- Serve as a liaison between real estate investors and business and web development teams to create a constantly improving user experience.
- Conduct routine follow ups with customers to ensure product functionality and overall satisfaction •
Manage, create and send property marketing emails via salesforce.
Owner/Managing Partner & Bicycle Courier
RAD, Houston, TX Apr 2014 - Jan 2017
- Managed operations, brand development and marketing for a Houston-based restaurant delivery and courier service.
- Partnered with and managed a portfolio of 44 local business owners to develop strategies to increase deliveries for their business.
- Created content and designed graphics for website, mobile app, social media and email campaigns and managed brand consistency across all media.
- Provided attentive customer service, responding to inquiries via phone, email and social media and coordinated deliveries from start to finish.
There are a few major themes in my life, they boil down to audio, gaming, Manchester United, fixed gear bikes and being a digital creative. Learning audio engineering and production in high school was a huge game changer for me and has allowed me to do a lot of awesome creative things with awesome people. Now that I am a part of the industry it feels as though a dream has come true. My journey so far has been incredible and I’m eager to see where it will go. I hope to continue to express my creativity, connecting sound, image and story.
-Thanks for reading and I hope to work with you soon.